Amazing Black Panther (2018) Concept Art By Andy Park

Black Panther (2018) concept art by Andy Park
Check out Black Panther concept art by Andy Park!




Andy Park is a professional concept artist who's worked on big budget projects like Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), and Ant-Man (2015)

"This is an alternate concept design I did on the film of the former Black Panther, T’Chaka!," Park said on Instagram. "I HAD to do a version w/his classic cape look from the comics."
Black Panther (2018) concept art by Andy Park

"Here’s the T’Chaka sans helmet concept design I did for #BlackPanther," Park said, "I didn’t even realize that @atandwakani was the real-life son of the older T’Chaka actor John Kani. Very cool! This was a fun character to design."

Here's what Black Panther looked like back when Jack Kirby first designed him. Notice the dramaic cape.

Black Panther (2018) concept art by Andy Park

"This is the approved concept design that I did of the former Black Panther, the king of Wakanda, T’Chaka!" Park added. "What an honor it was to get to do this design! I didn’t get to work on this film beyond this character since I was busy leading Marvel Studios’ Visual Development department on Thor: Ragnarok at the time. But a big thanks to [Ryan Meinerding] who was leading Black Panther at the time & he asked me to help out and do some versions of this character. I was more than happy to oblige. Ryan Coogler, the director, wanted us to try putting some clothing on him so I did a lot of research on African wraps, tunics & pants that can go along with the Black Panther look I was going for. [Rodney Fuentebella] designed a kind of tunic that the director liked so I incorporated that into the top part of his clothing. I was trying to come up with a design that was still high tech but less so than T’Challa’s Civil War look- thus the visible tactical vest. This was so much fun! 

Black Panther (2018) concept art by Andy Park

See more of Andy Park 's  portfolio at http://www.andyparkart.com

Click on the links if you want to see more of Andy Park's work or Black Panther artwork on my blog.

What do you think of the concept art? If you've seen Black Panther what do you think of the look?

© Copyright 2018 Marvel Studios. All rights reserved.

Comments